Thursday, September 1, 2011

Crunched for Time

Source


Earlier this week I was talking to a friend,, who is also applying for business school, and when we finally looked at it…there really isn’t much time at all!!!!
::screams::
 It's only 1.5 months until mid-Oct 1…the R1 deadline and 4.5 months from mid-Jan….R2 deadlines.  So what will I do inbetween then?
Well mostly I will be a writing machine…literally.  Writing/reworking/editing/re-editing/stressing over up to 25 essays.  Anyways, also I will be going to a few diversity weekends at up to 3 schools.  Reality really set in  for me in four distinct moments in August.
1)     I applied for a Diversity weekend (hopefully I get in)
2)     I did some research about moving over my 401K (for when I get my MBA and quit my job)
3)     I mapped out my calendar through October and mapped out internal deadlines for each school I am applying to.  I plan to be done with all apps by Christmas.
4) I realized I can interview for 2 of my schools before I submit my application 
Well I need to figure out which other school’s Diversity weekends I will be going to.  I really want to be strategic about it since I don’t really have that many vacation days.  Also,  it looks like I will be doing another long trip for my job, so I’m not really sure where I will be in the next few months anyways ….So although I’m a planner…looks like I’ll have to wing it a bit too. 
Just trying to stay on top of things….
-Motown

2 comments:

A Movie in My Pillow September 2, 2011 at 5:04 PM  

Even though things are uncertain, it's good that you have a plan! About your 401K, I have been having a good experience with Fidelity Investments, so check them out. You have time after you quit, so don't worry about that until after you know everything about B School. My advice for diversity weekends is to split it up the way you chose your applications (a reach, a likely, a shoe-in).

Motown September 6, 2011 at 4:34 PM  

@AMovieinmyPillow You bring up a good point...I should stretch it out ::back to the drawing board:: lol. Also, I guess I can just pause on my 401K...I'm just SOOOO excited to start something new!!!!

Total Pageviews

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP