Friday, December 9, 2011

Did I do the Math right? Part 2

Source


So now that my school list is finally final… My total count for essays has come to ::drum roll:: 21 essays!!

So far I have completed (all in varied draft modes) – 11 essays meaning which equates to 3 schools that are on their way to being “finalized”.
So that leaves 10 more essays left! Yikes!!!

To my surprise, my hardest essay’s have been the ones around: Why MBA/What are you professional goals?/What do you envision for your career.
Throughout this process, I knew exactly my ST and LT goals…but to articulate in 300 - 600 words is a different story. I’ve spent a lot of time just trying to hone that down…even soliciting feedback from friends/family whose opinions I never asked previously for anything (but its ALLLLL been appreciated ☺ )

Anyways, so this weekend, I’m still going to hone in on finalizing one/two on the school …and starting next week…..I’ll be starting a new school deck to kick off the last 3 schools and 10 essays I need to focus on.

I also prioritized my school list…even though I was previously fighting doing that. I did this so that IF I'm burning the midnight oil on Christmas eve I already know what school or two I’m knocking off the list. I don’t want to have to do it! But I don’t want to turn in sloppy essays or waste my time on something sub-par


Note: This is a continuation of my previous post


Anyone else struggling on a particular essay type? Anyone knocked off a school in the interest of time?
-Motown

9 comments:

Linda Abraham December 13, 2011 at 11:53 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda Abraham December 13, 2011 at 11:55 PM  

You inspired me. I responded at blog.accepted.com/2011/12/13/how-to-manage-word-limits-and-deadlines/ .

Motown December 14, 2011 at 9:19 AM  

Linda, thank you for the response! It's helpful!

Cheetarah1980 December 18, 2011 at 9:31 AM  

Any essays that require really deep introspection and reflection tend to give me fits.
"How has your family/culture/environment influenced your leadership style?"
"What matters to you most, and why?"

Those are the types of essays that take me forever to write and I tend to procrastinate on the most.

Linda Abraham December 18, 2011 at 2:12 PM  

Cheetarah1980,

I'm not sure if your question is directed at Motown or me, but here are a couple of videos where I give tips on these questions.

http://www.accepted.com/mba/chicago-booth-video-tips.aspx#1

http://www.accepted.com/mba/stanfordgsbvideo.aspx .

They are hard. I hope these suggestions help.

Abhay Patel January 17, 2012 at 4:07 AM  

I like your post. Thank you for sharing.

MBA Colleges ranking

City Media Group September 16, 2016 at 2:45 PM  

Good post! Thanks for sharing. Really very useful and informative post.
Restaurant Social Media Marketing
Stationary Design Printing

kingwriters February 27, 2017 at 4:39 PM  

yes you did it right and thanks fir sharing it with us .

getcustomessayhelp February 27, 2017 at 6:25 PM  

Thanks for a marvelous posting! I seriously enjoyed reading it,

Total Pageviews

Follow by Email

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP