Thursday, April 14, 2011

Starting School Research

So I have been doing a lot lately. I’ve got a new graphic design class in typography and since I had no idea what it was before the course its pretty time consuming doing the projects. When I did carve out a little time to do something other than design projects and studying for the GMAT, I decided to look up some possible schools.



First off, I have a tendency to be a bit overzealous…so I haven’t narrowed down which schools I’m going to apply to or anything, but one thing I do know is that I will be applying to some schools through the Consortium. The main things that stand out to me about applying through the Consortium is that you can apply up to 6 schools for only $300, but if you are granted membership to the Consortium you could possibly get a Consortium Fellowship = $$$ :ching ching: I’m down for anything that could possibly pay for my whole tuition to business school.  Luckily I have a great resource at my dispose to ask lots of questions about the Consortium because my daughters godfather is a Michigan Ross School of Business and Consortium Fellowship Alumni.

So the Consortium has 17 member schools, all great schools, and I can only pick 6!!! I applied to 10 schools for undergrad…so best believe I will be applying to more than this 6 because I have a fear of not getting into school. Anyways, I started my research just by looking at all 17 schools and seeing what their different concentrations are. I am not 100% sure of what I want my concentration to be, but I am looking at Marketing, Product Management, e-commerce, Entertainment, Media and Technology, Information and Operations Management, Brand Management…just to name a few. I think the main being some kind of marketing.

In my first round of review, the schools I want to look more into UCLA Anderson School of Management (Silicon Valley here I come), Carnegie Mellon Tepper School of Business, Cornell University Johnson Graduate School of Management, Indiana University Kelley School of Business, University of Michigan Ross School of Business (:woop woop:), NYU Stern School of Business, University of Rochester Simon Graduate School of Business, U of Texas McCombs School of Business,  and University of Virginia Darden School of Business.

Now this is just a quick list of schools that stood out to me solely on concentration options. It could definitely change next week; I still have a little bit of time to narrow down my 6 by November. After these schools I still have to research my non-consortium schools! So much to do, so little time!

-mads mom

0 comments:

Total Pageviews

Follow by Email

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP