Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My Visit to NYU Stern

Seems like I’ve been spending a lot of time on the E. Coast :-) Anyways, last week I had the chance to visit NYU Stern for their Diversity Weekend.  It was also sooo cool.  Every time I get to go to the city I just get a huge Mary Tyler Moore moment and feel like I can do anything.  Also, I like how I don’t have to use a car…and get lost.  First thing, I LOVE Greenwich Village.  It’s SUCH a cute area!! 


Now on to Stern…It started on Thursday afternoon and icebreakers.  It was really cool to know they really wanted us to get to know each other.  Next, we had a mock marketing class.  Once again, I can’t believe how much I learned! It seriously had me yearning for more.  Anyhow, afterwards was dinner and we had the AWESOME opportunity to hear Dean Henry.  I was floored by his speech, openness and availability to talk to us prospective students…oh and the night ended with a Beer Blast which is a Stern Tradition :-)

The next day we worked on our 60-second pitch and then spent the rest of the day at the AABHAS conference. The conference was really informative, I met a lot of current students and heard some dynamic speakers- included Steve Stoute ::drool::  After the conference a happy hour.  :-)


The nxt morning we met at a beautiful venue to recap the week and meet alums.  Great time for networking and helpful hints!

Photo of Stern



Overall, Stern was great and same with NYC!!

-Motown

2 comments:

Cheetarah1980 December 22, 2011 at 9:21 PM  

Hey! I was at Discover Stern as well. I feel like I'm following all the writers on this blog around to various diversity events. I guess we just have similar tastes in schools. Glad to hear you liked Stern's weekend. Good luck with your application!

Rokki Winchester October 11, 2016 at 11:52 AM  

Thank you for the read. Honestly you covered the topic and broadly examined all
areas. If i was to write this i would have done http://awriter.org/customwritingscom/ a few things differently myself but you have definitely inspired me to get into the world of blogging. Thanks heaps for the post i really appreciate it. Have a good day and keep blogging

Total Pageviews

Follow by Email

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP